Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How to Make a Chalkboard Menu

I made a chalkboard menu to display at our wedding so guests could see what they were having for dinner.  Here is how I made it!  :)

First I took an old frame and painted it white.  

Then I roughed it up with sandpaper to make it look weathered.  

Then I sprayed it with some Aleene's Spray Acrylic Sealer so that the frame would be protected.  

After that I took a smooth piece of wood (had my dad cut it down to the right size so that it would fit in the frame) and sprayed it with some Krylon Chalkboard Paint.  


Once it was dry we placed in the frame and wrote down the menu with some white chalk.  There you have it!  

2 comments:

  1. How much did it cost to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, I would guess it costed roughly about $15-20. These are all estimates because I don't remember how much I paid for it all. I already had the frame, but you could easily find one at the dollar store or thrift store. White paint costed about $5, the chalkboard paint was about $8, & the chalk was about $3.

    ReplyDelete