Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bridesmaid and Groomsmen Gift Ideas

When Jon and I were researching bridesmaid and groomsmen gifts we had a hard time coming up with something unique and meaningful to give to each member of our wedding party.  We wanted the gifts to be something special and something that they would use after the wedding too.  After looking around quite a bit, here is what we came up with.

I gave each of my bridesmaids a turquoise cotton stretchy dress.  I bought them for my bridesmaids to get ready in the day of the wedding since they were comfortable, they slip on and off easily so it wouldn't ruin makeup and hair, they were the same color as our wedding, and they could be worn again.  I bought myself a white one to wear (since I was the bride and the bride always wears white :).  I also gave them their turquoise beaded necklaces they wore in the wedding and the flower hair clips I made for them to wear in the wedding.  

Here is a picture of the girls all in their dresses as we were getting ready.  The dresses were from Target.  :)



Jon gave each of his groomsmen a branding iron and a pair of branded grilling gloves.  Each branding iron was unique because each one had the first initial of each guys last name.  The initial was also branded on the grilling gloves that came with it.  I think it is safe to say that the guys loved their gift!  I mean, what is more manly than grilling a piece of meat?  ;)  Now they get to personalize each piece of steak they grill with their last name initial.  



If you are interested here is a link to the website that we bought them from.  It was perfect because it was a specific package just for groomsmen.  http://www.barbecuebrandingirons.com/pkg_brand_gloves.htm 

If you are interested we also got gifts for our ring bearers, flower girl and guestbook attendant.  For our ring bearers, we gave them each a baseball bat that had their name, the title "Ring Bearer", and our wedding date engraved on it.  I'm pretty sure they love this gift since they are both really into sports.    



For our flower girl and guestbook attendant we got them each a pretty bracelet with a heart-shaped charm on it with the first initial of their first name.  They looked sort of like these.  



We got the bracelets from an engraving store in our mall called Things Remembered.  Here is a link to the online store.  http://www.thingsremembered.com/

2 comments:

  1. Recently attended my friend’s wedding at DC wedding venues where got a chance to be among bridesmaids. It was very good experience to help bride being at her side. I really enjoyed that day. At last all bridesmaids were given beautiful gifts. Was very glad on receiving them.

    ReplyDelete